The largest school of Ayurveda in the West
Accredited by the National Council on Ayurvedic Education (NCAE)
Ayurvedic courses and Panchakarma Center
Established in 1995, the California College of Ayurveda is the oldest, State-approved college in the West offering Ayurvedic Medicine training. The ayurvedic school offers a comprehensive curriculum, with four levels of programs leading to certification as a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist (C.A.S.). Our Ayurveda school also offers a variety of shorter length workshops and seminars for Yoga Teachers, Massage Therapists and the general public. In addition, our healthcare clinic provides health consultations, ayurvedic spa therapies, and panchakarma.
The Mission of the California College of Ayurveda
The California College of Ayurveda is dedicated to transforming human consciousness by providing the highest quality education, health care, and research in the field of Ayurveda while striving to express the principles of harmony in every action we take. We train students to become the doctors of the future, practitioners dedicated to understanding the whole person physically, emotionally, and spiritually. From this understanding, practitioners will be able to identify areas of disharmony between a patient’s actions, his or her constitution, and the environment. Practitioners will then understand how this disharmony relates to the patient’s illness or imbalance, and will develop a program of care to re-establish harmony and support each person on their journey toward optimal health. [Learn more about the Ayurveda College]
Ayurveda, which literally means "The Science of Life," is the traditional healing science of India. More than 5,000 years old, the time honored traditional knowledge of Ayurveda is just as relevant to modern society today and has helped millions of individuals to return to optimal health. [What is Ayurveda?]
Panchakarma (Pancha karma) is the Ayurvedic art of detoxification, purification, and rejuvenation. It is the most powerful therapy used in Ayurveda for correcting imbalances and keeping a person healthy, young, and vital. Panchakarma preparation techniques include abhyanga, shirodhara and svedana. [What is panchakarma?]
- In the upcoming Yoga Nidra Certification Course with Dr. Marc Halpern - what will you learn?
- Ayurveda and Ama (Toxins) Within the Body
- Follow Your Dream - Enroll to become an Ayurvedic Health Counselor today! Classes begin October 4
- Ayurveda and the Art of Eating Consciously ~ Healthy Eating Guideline #3: Eat Quietly and Avoid Conversations and Distracting E
- Identifying the Doshas: What Does Vata Dosha Look Like?
- Marin Ayurveda, in Marin County, CA is seeking Ayurvedic practitioners!
- Ayurveda and the Seven Dhatus (Tissues) of the Body
- Enrollment for our Ayurvedic Health Counselor program is happening NOW! Weekday classes begin October 4
- Sign Up Today for the Advanced Pancha Karma Course (PKS) Aug 28 - Sept 1, 2016!
- Ayurveda and the Art of Eating Consciously ~ Healthy Eating Guideline #2: Say Grace Before Meals