The largest school of Ayurveda in the West
Accredited by the National Council on Ayurvedic Education (NCAE)
Ayurvedic courses and Panchakarma Center
Established in 1995, the California College of Ayurveda is the oldest, State-approved college in the West offering Ayurvedic Medicine training. The ayurvedic school offers a comprehensive curriculum, with four levels of programs leading to certification as a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist (C.A.S.). Our Ayurveda school also offers a variety of shorter length workshops and seminars for Yoga Teachers, Massage Therapists and the general public. In addition, our healthcare clinic provides health consultations, ayurvedic spa therapies, and panchakarma.
The Mission of the California College of Ayurveda
The California College of Ayurveda is dedicated to transforming human consciousness by providing the highest quality education, health care, and research in the field of Ayurveda while striving to express the principles of harmony in every action we take. We train students to become the doctors of the future, practitioners dedicated to understanding the whole person physically, emotionally, and spiritually. From this understanding, practitioners will be able to identify areas of disharmony between a patient’s actions, his or her constitution, and the environment. Practitioners will then understand how this disharmony relates to the patient’s illness or imbalance, and will develop a program of care to re-establish harmony and support each person on their journey toward optimal health. [Learn more about the Ayurveda College]
Ayurveda, which literally means "The Science of Life," is the traditional healing science of India. More than 5,000 years old, the time honored traditional knowledge of Ayurveda is just as relevant to modern society today and has helped millions of individuals to return to optimal health. [What is Ayurveda?]
Panchakarma (Pancha karma) is the Ayurvedic art of detoxification, purification, and rejuvenation. It is the most powerful therapy used in Ayurveda for correcting imbalances and keeping a person healthy, young, and vital. Panchakarma preparation techniques include abhyanga, shirodhara and svedana. [What is panchakarma?]
- Ayurveda and Beauty: A Manifestation of Divine Joy and Divine Love
- Ayurvedic Spa Treatments: The Classic Shirodhara, So Calming to the Mind!
- Ayurveda and Two Simple Words that Can Extend Your Life: EAT LESS
- Donation Yoga Classes at CCA: Each Tuesday Evening, Feb 9 - March 29, 2016 with Shambhu Das
- Press Release: The California College of Ayurveda Announces State Approved Ayurvedic Doctor Program!
- Breaking News at the California College of Ayurveda - Stay Tuned!
- The Incredible Power and Importance of Ayurvedic Cleansing & Rejuvenation
- Closing Panel Discussion of the 3rd Annual Sivananda Ayurveda Conference
- Fascinating Talk by Dr. Kevin Spelman: "DNA & Your Ayurvedic Constitution"
- Ayurvedic Uses of Spices: Incredible Powerhouses of Medicinal Benefits!