Classes and Curriculum
Students participate in a 10 day intensive prior to the start of internship. This intensive takes place on-site in Nevada City. Additional weekend classes take place throughout the internship program on a monthly basis. These weekend classes can be attended live in-person or live over the internet.
Ten Day Intensive Curriculum
- Diagnostics: During this 2-day hands-on diagnostics program, students will solidify their ability to identify the prakruti and vikruti of the patient.
- Community-Based Education Class: During this 5-day program, students will learn how to provide a six-week community-based educational program. Community based teaching materials are provided and based on Dr. Halpern's book: Healing Your Life, Lessons on the Path of Ayurveda.
- Internship Preparation Class: During this 3-day program, students will learn how to do the proper documentation when performing consultations and evaluations. Students will also begin to explore how to set up a counseling practice.
- Module 1: Teaching Diet, Healthy Eating Guidelines, and Food Combining to Patients
- Module 2: Ayurvedic Counseling Skills
- Module 3: Practice Management 1: Writing a business and marketing plan
- Module 4: Teaching Lifestyle and Sensory Therapies to Patients
- Module 5: Case Presentations
- On Site: Students may perform their internship at CCA's patient clinic.
- Off Site: Students may perform their internship in their own communities through our Field Internship Program.
Please see our catalog for current tuition