Enter a world of adventure and indulgence in this exotic cookbook by the chef Bon Appétit has called "an anarchic artist of the last course."
Renowned chef Jehangir Mehta has relentlessly immersed himself in creating inventive desserts and other dishes at his new Manhattan food and wine bar, Graffiti, and as the creator of the sumptuous confections for his online store and event-management company, Partistry. He draws endless inspiration from his Indian heritage and from ayurveda, the ancient science of health and medicine. Now, in this gorgeous book?, Mehta shares his holistic approach to refreshing the body, mind, and spirit through delicious recipes using only the purest and most beneficial ingredients.
- Wake up to the enticing aroma of fresh-baked Jasmine-Glazed Doughnuts or delectable Hazelnut Crêpes with Caramel-Pine Nut Sauce.
- Delight in one of Mehta's celebrated flavor fusions: Salty Caramel Tapioca Tarts, Green Papaya and Persimmon Salad with Pepper-Coconut Sorbet, and Lime-Brushed Melon Mille-feuille with Beet Sorbet.
- Enjoy Mehta's Persian Caraway Seed Cookies and Falooda with Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream, and experience the best of Mexico and India with a superlative Tres Leches Cake with Coconut-Curry Emulsion, Pears, and Almond.
Whether you are preparing a spectacular feast for a dinner party or a simple dessert on a whim, you'll be inspired by the amazing range of ingredients in the book—from the most common to the rather unusual. This captivating book is perfect for anyone interested in the intersection of the culinary arts and the restorative properties of nature.
- Author: Jehangir Mehta
- Publication Date: 2008-05-20
- Publisher: Ecco
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Ecco
- Binding: Hardcover, 224 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 799L x 75W x 799H
- Weight: 144
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 820L x 810W x 90H
- Weight: 140
- List Price: $34.95
- ISBN: 0060899859
- ASIN: 0060899859