• A perfect handbook for any woman for whom quality of life is a central issue.
• By one of the leading advocates of Ayurveda in the United States and the author of Ayurveda: Life, Health and Longevity.
• Provides practical advice on exercise, sleep, diet, beauty care, meditation and massage, sex and relationships, childcare, and menopause.
In today's fast-paced world, Ayurveda provides a way for women to live their lives more simply, more naturally, and more contentedly. Women's roles in creating and sustaining balanced, healthy lives for themselves and their families have never been more crucial, and this compelling book will help them fulfill their goals despite the numerous demands placed upon them. Unlike many Western programs for health that treat all individuals the same, the 5,000-year-old science of Ayurveda identifies different physiological and psychological makeups and explains the lifestyle, diet, and environment most conducive to well-being for each.
Ayurveda, India's "science of life," is particularly ideal for healing and empowering the female body, mind, and spirit. Ayurveda for Women explores in detail the landmark changes associated with the three stages of life--childhood, adulthood, and old age--and provides practical advice on exercise, sleep, diet, beauty care, meditation and massage, sex and relationships, childcare, menopause, and other issues central to women's lives today. Simple to enact and profound in effect, Ayurveda could be the answer many women are seeking.
- Author: Dr. Robert E. Svoboda
- Publication Date: 2000-11
- Publisher: Healing Arts Press
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Healing Arts Press
- Binding: Paperback, 176 pages
- Brand: www.Mas-India.com
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 598L x 47W x 902H
- Weight: 70
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 880L x 580W x 60H
- Weight: 35
- List Price: $14.95
- ISBN: 0892819391
- ASIN: 0892819391