Frequently Asked Questions

Does CCA offer “traditional, authentic” Ayurvedic education?

Yes! CCA is committed to helping students understand the complete science of Ayurveda as it was articulated thousands of years ago by the ancient rishis. This knowledge is contained in three major and three minor texts of Ayurveda written between 1500 B.C. and 1500 A.D. The curriculum at CCA helps to bring this ancient wisdom to you in a modern and easily understandable format.

What can I do when I graduate?

We train our students to be competent to go into private practice. This means being competent in the science of ayuveda as well as learning how to open and run an Ayurvedic practice.

Is it legal to practice Ayurveda?

The practice of Ayurveda has not been determined to be illegal in any of the 50 states. In addition, some states like California have passed health freedom laws that formally legalize the practice of alternative medicine. CCA has graduates practicing in most of the 50 states and no graduate has ever had their right to practice questioned.

Where did the title Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist” originate?

Dr. Marc Halpern developed the title of Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist (C.A.S.) in 1995 for graduates of the California College of Ayurveda. The C.A.S. title has become recognized as the highest standard of clinical Ayurvedic education offered in the United States.