Attention vegetarians and non-vegetarians! Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole is great as a main dish for vegetarians, and as a delicious side dish for non-vegetarians. The sweet potatoes and pecans are perfect for keeping your vata in balance, which is important in the autumn season, when vata tends to easily go out of balance. Your family and friends will love this…
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), scrubbed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (plus more for the coating the pan)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork 2 or 3 times, then place on a baking sheet.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
Scoop the sweet potato out of their skins and place in a medium bowl. Discard the skins. Mash the potatoes until smooth.
Add the eggs, butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and the pepper to taste. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
Butter an 8-by-8-inch casserole. Pour the sweet potato mixture into the pan and sprinkle the top with the pecans.
Bake until puffed, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!