Eight Weight Loss Tips to Help you Achieve Your Ideal Weight!
1. Eat your biggest meal at lunch. This is because midday is when digestion is the strongest. The heat of the day supports the heat necessary to digest your food well. Ideally, eat a small breakfast, bigger lunch, and light dinner early in the evening (so it is well digested before bed).
2. Avoid snacking to force your body to burn stored fat.
3. Eat vegetables, vegetables, and more vegetables!
4. Sip hot water throughout the day to burn fat and “ama” (toxins)
5. Spice your food well to help boost your digestive “fire.” Good choices for most people include fresh ginger, fennel, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon and mint.
6. Eat only until 75% full. You should feel satisfied, not full at the end of the meal.
7. Eat most of your meals at home – restaurant food is generally oily, salty and sweet – the three things that put on weight!
8. Exercise every day! Work to 50% of capacity; to lose weight, it is much better to do light exercise for a long period of time, since short bursts of exercise burn carbs, not fat. It takes longer, sustained exercise to burn fat. And avoid injury – don’t exercise beyond your capacity. Find an exercise you enjoy, and do it daily! Perhaps exercise with friends, which makes it fun, and you can support each other to do it consistently.
By Marisa Laursen, C.A.S., P.K.S., A.Y.T., Faculty at the California College of Ayurveda