This course, taught by Krishna Darshan (Alan Wiuker), provides an introduction to the classical system of Vedic astrology “Jyotish” and its relationship with yoga, Vedanta philosophy and Ayurveda. Students will learn to identify mental tendencies, individual karmas, the time of their fruition, possible remedies, potential talents or obstacles, and to integrate these understandings with the wisdom of yoga, Ayurveda and Vedanta.
Main topics of the course include:
• Introduction to the origin and philosophy of Jyotish including: the Vedas, the Veda-angas, Vedic view of life and Vedanta Philosophy, Karma and reincarnation, destiny and free will
• Understanding the individual karma, samskaras and mental tendencies from a birth chart
• The building blocks of Jyotish: planets, houses, signs, stars and their role as karmic indicators
• Recognizing personal duty and life mission, vocation and spiritual path from the birth chart
• Assessing health, potential diseases, vulnerable areas, difficult periods and Ayurvedic Prakruti and Vikruti form the birth chart
• Practical examples of chart analysis, working with your own birth chart and some other study cases
• Remedial measures: Vedic and yogic ways to counteract the effect of the adverse planets
This event is open to everyone. You can attend in person, online or from your phone.
May 16: 8am – 11am
May 20: 8am – 11am and 12:30pm – 3:30pm
May 23: 8am – 11am
May 27: 8am – 11am and 12:30pm – 3:30pm
Fees (financial scholarships available):
$149 Advance Registration by April 29
$175 Standard Registration
$99 Student Registration
About the Instructor:
Krishna Darshan, who hails from Uruguay, is a direct disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda and has been a yoga and meditation teacher for more than 25 years in South America, Europe and USA. He is a Jyotish (Vedic astrology) consultant and teacher, certified by the American College of Vedic Astrology (ACVA) and by the Council of Vedic astrology (CVA) with the titles of “Jyotish visharada” and “Jyotish Kovid” and he teaches Vedic astrology courses at the Sivananda Ashrams and centers worldwide. He has written numerous articles on Yoga and Jyotish. Some of these can be read on his website: www.9graha.com
To register click the link below or call our front office at 530-478-9100 (ext 0) ask for Katie.