Clinical Theory & Skills
Students will study clinical theory and the management of disease.
• Principles of Ayurvedic Medicine
• 3-credit hours/units in Anatomy & Physiology from an accredited program
Classes and Curriculum:
Students will study the classical ayurvedic perspective on the management of disease in each system of the body as well as an overview of the western medical understanding of the condition. Students perform projects and work with case studies as part of the learning experience. This program integrates extensive study of herbal medicine and the design of herbal formulations.
• Module 1: Advanced Pathology
• Module 2: Advanced Herbalism
• Module 3: Digestive System 1
• Module 4: Digestive System 2
• Module 5: Diseases and Ayurvedic Management of the Respiratory System
• Module 6: Diseases and Ayurvedic Management of the Urinary System
• Module 7: Diseases and Ayurvedic Management of the Cardiovascular System
• Module 8: Women’s Health and Ayurveda 1: Pregnancy, Delivery, and Intro to Pediatrics
• Module 9: Women’s Health and Ayurveda 2: Diseases of the Female Reproductive System
• Module 10: Diseases and Ayurvedic Management of the Nervous System
• Module 11: Ayurvedic Dermatology: The management of conditions of the skin.
• Module 12: EENT: The management of the conditions of the ears, eyes, nose, & throat **
• Module 13: Chronic Diseases – Management of the Endocrine, Immune & Musculoskeletal
** Module 13 is a 7-day course for Full time students and 2.5-day course for Distance Learning.
Additional Requirements: Research paper: Students will be required to write a research paper on an approved ayurvedic topic. This will be due prior to the final exam. Learning exercises are assigned along with each module.
Full Time Spring – CAM Spring 2023
Weekend – CAM Spring 2023
This program is offered at our Nevada City, California campus and is also broadcast live over the internet for viewing anywhere in the world. This program may also be completed through our Distance Learning / Mentorship Program.
For Tuition Information: Click Here
* Payment Options and Scholarships are available. Inquire with your Admissions Advisor for details.
Still Have Questions?
Book An Appointment With An Academic Advisor
Audio Overview of the CAM Program
Dr. Halpern discusses the Clinical Ayurvedic Medicine (CAM) program and answers questions about it in this recording of a recent live teleseminar with prospective students.
2023 Academic Catalog
Request our 2023 Academic Catalog to get all the details about courses and enrollment.