In order to better understand VedaWeb™, please read the following Frequently Asked Questions.
What can I expect in the VedaWeb™ classroom?
The VedaWeb™ classroom is intended to provide you with virtually the same experience as our students in the classroom. This is NOT a distance learning program — it is live, in the classroom. The teacher will be able to see you and you will be able to see the teacher. You’ll also see all presentation materials and be able to ask questions just like any other student in the class.
What type of internet connection do I need?
You must have a high-speed internet connection with a download speed of at least 15 Mbps and an upload speed of at least 7 Mbps. Slower speeds will make participation and learning more difficult.
What type of computer set up do I need?
- A stable internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in, USB plug-in. See the list of supported devices.
Supported operating systems:
- MacOS X with OS 10.9 or later
- Windows 10* Note: Devices running Windows 10 must run Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise. S Mode is not supported.
- Windows 8 or 8.1
Supported tablet and mobile devices for classroom participation (These devices will not work for exams):
- Apple iOS and Android devices
- Blackberry devices
- Surface PRO 2 or higher, running Windows 8.1 or higher. Notes: Tablet PCs running Windows 10 must run Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise. S Mode is not supported.
- Tablet PCs only support the desktop client.
- Mac: Chrome 30+ (the latest version is best)
- Windows: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
Note: Some features in the web client are not supported on Internet Explorer.
Processor and RAM requirements:
- Minimum Processor: Single-core 1.5 Ghz or higher
Recommended Processor: Dual-core 2Ghz or higher (Intel i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)
- Minimum RAM: 4Gb
Recommended RAM: 8 – 16 Gb
How do I access the VedaWeb™ classroom?
Once you are enrolled in a class, an invitation to attend will be sent via email. A new email will be sent for each class. There will be a link in the email that takes you to the classroom. Log in as a guest and type your name to enter your class.