The Nature of Prana & Qi
Date: Saturday, March 4th 2023
The Recording of this Seminar is Now Available for Purchase Here
This class will explore some of the most important aspects of “life force” as defined by both Chinese and Ayurvedic medicines, as well as their closely related spiritual and yogic practices.
Topics will include:
- Descriptions of prana and qi according to the Vedas and Taoism
- Meditations on the four primary levels of prana: how to perceive and understand prana and qi as cosmological intelligence in the body
- How we absorb prana and qi from food, breath and senses
- The pranic dimensions of the respiratory system: meditations exploring the Udana and Prana subdoshas of Vata
- Breathing together with plants to cultivate ecological spirituality
- Meditations on the four levels of Prana Vata: breath, nerve current, heartbeat, mind- stream
- Concepts of the “mind-stream” from Buddhist, Tantric and Vedic meditation lineages, and its relevance to prana and qi
Floracopeia’s pioneering leader, and founder is one of the world’s leading experts and speakers in the field of botanical medicine and grassroots healthcare. A master herbalist, aromatherapist, acupuncturist, and author with over 30 years of experience, David is an expert in the Ayurvedic and Chinese medical systems. While studying in the Himalayas years ago, David saw the region’s widespread ecological destruction firsthand — including the heartbreaking loss of medicinal plants the ancient medical systems depended on.
He saw how medicinal plants were essential to solving many interrelated global problems — including lack of healthcare, poverty, environmental destruction, and loss of ethnobotanical knowledge. David was soon inspired to create Floracopeia — to do his part to spread the word about powerful botanical medicines and products, all while making the world more beautiful.
David treats thousands of people all over the world through his telemedicine practice. You can consult with David from the comfort and privacy of your home on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
Date & Time
Saturday, March 4th 2023
Online via Zoom