This class is limited to 12 students and will have a maximum of 4 to 1 student-teacher ratio for an exceptional training.
Ayurvedic massage and bliss therapies are the cornerstones of all Ayurveda spa therapies and panchakarma. These exquisite therapies are deeply relaxing and nourishing to the body and mind. During this course, students will learn how to perform one and two-person Ayurvedic massage (abhyanga) and learn how to administer Shirodhara and Svedana (herbal steam).
The AMBT program provides 35 hours of hands-on training in Abhyanga, Shirodhara, and Svedana. Participants will work in groups of three giving and receiving therapies. An additional 10 hours are required outside of class time to complete certification.
Due to the recent pandemic, we have redesigned our course for both maximum safety and the highest quality of training. This class is limited to 12 students. This is a rare opportunity for personalized mentorship.
As we have two large practice rooms, three tables will be positioned in each room with plenty of space in between. Students will work in groups of two at each table. In addition to the workshop materials, please bring personal protection equipment (PPE) in the forms of a face mask and hand sanitizer. Extra PPE will be available if needed.
Please note that throughout the rest of the year, CCA plans to implement strong personal safety measures including:
CCA staff will wear a face mask of some kind in all public interactions and on-campus in common areas. We encourage all students to wear them as well.
Wiping down commonly touched surfaces with disinfectant 2X daily.
Encouraging all staff, students, and patients to wash hands regularly.
Encouraging all staff, students, and patients to utilize hand-sanitizer.
Utilizing the highest level of mindfulness in sanitizing workshop equipment after every use.
Abhyanga (One and Two-person Ayurvedic massage)
Shirodhara (Warm oil treatment over the forehead)
Svedana (Ayurvedic herbal steam therapy)
Following her graduation from CCA (California College of Ayurveda) in 2002, Nitya continued to expand her knowledge of ayurvedic medicine. Her journey with ayurvedic medicine is guided by a commitment to detoxification and the clearing of the body’s channels to promote wellness. She is the sole director of Rejuvenation Therapies, a panchakarma clinic in Grass Valley, and continues to work closely with CCA as an independent contractor teaching panchakarma therapies and training spa staff.
This Ayurvedic Massage & Bliss Therapy Course is scheduled for the following dates in 2021:
December 8, 2021 - December 13, 2021
Classes begin daily at 9 AM. The first three days, classes end at 6 PM, and for the final 3 days, classes end at 5 PM.
Very structured and thoroughly presented in a calm, relaxed and nurturing format. Excellent!
Linda Martin, R.N.
I feel very fortunate to have participated.
I really felt shifts in my own consciousness and a real deepening of my ayurvedic knowledge.
I really enjoyed this program!
Absolutely loved it. The material is amazing.
Enjoyed Every Moment
I thoroughly enjoyed every moment.
Completion of the Ayurvedic Foundations Courseor completion of the first module in AHC1. The Foundations course can be completed via home study and takes approximately one month to complete.
Course Times: Classes begin daily at 9:00 AM. The first three days, classes end at 6:00 PM, and for the final 3 days, classes end at 5:00 PM. There is a flexible 2-hour break for lunch each day. While lunch is usually from 12:00pm – 2:00pm, times may vary according to the flow of the workshop.
Travel: Students flying out following the last day of class should consider that the Sacramento International Airport is 90 minutes by car from the campus and that it is recommended to arrive at least 90 minutes before your flight.
48 hours are awarded for the completion of this program.
* A $500 non-refundable deposit is required for registration. Required books or materials, if noted above, are extra.
Enroll in two Massage and/or Body Therapy courses at the same time and receive a 15% discount on both courses. Enroll in three Massage and Body Therapy courses at the same time and receive a 20% discount on each course. Enroll in 4 or more courses and receive a 25% discount on each course. Enrollment is complete when registration forms are returned signed and deposit payment for all courses is made. This offer excludes Foundations and Panchakarma Specialist Certification courses (Foundations special with a Body Therapy Course still applies). Discount will not include new programs added after registration has been completed.
California College of Ayurveda (CCA) is a state-approved school registered with the State of California. Registration means we have met certain minimum standards imposed by the state for registered schools on the basis of our written application to the state. This agreement is legally binding when sent to the College over the internet and payment of the deposit is made. These actions indicate that you have been given reasonable time to read and understand this agreement and the Refund Policy listed below, that you agree to your rights and responsibilities, and that you have seen a brochure or announcement describing the seminar or course that you plan to attend and information about the College.
Any questions or problems concerning CCA which have not been satisfactorily answered or resolved by the school should be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, Department of Consumer Affairs, 2535 Capitol Oaks Avenue, SUITE 400, Sacramento, CA 95833, (888) 370-7589 firstname.lastname@example.org. This institution is not required to participate in the State of California Student Tuition Recovery Fund for this seminar program.
The deposit for workshops & short courses is non-refundable. The Final Balance is due 14 days before the class start date. A student may choose to transfer his/her registration to another class for a fee of $150.00 if done prior to the final balance due date. The ONLY exception to this rule is a documented medical condition. Rarely, for reasons beyond CCA’s control, a short course must be cancelled. If you are registered for a short course that the College cancels, you will receive a full refund of any fees paid. While all efforts will be made to avoid cancellations, the College will accept no liability for student losses that occur beyond deposit or tuition actually paid to the College (e.g., non-refundable airfare, time lost from work, equipment expenses).
All students should read the following information about nudity and proper conduct carefully.
1. At some of our body therapy intensives (ayurvedic body therapy, marma and dough basti) students may be exposed to some nudity. Instruction will be given to participants about proper draping techniques in an attempt to provide a professional and modest environment. Learning takes place in a large room with multiple massage tables and work stations. Students, who wish to, are supported to bring screens to surround their massage table and work station. This is not a requirement.
2. During the ayurvedic body therapy course, we will be demonstrating and teaching the traditional full body ayurvedic massage. The technique that we will demonstrate and teach includes massage of the chest and breast tissue. This is a professional therapeutic massage. Students are NOT required to participate in receiving or practicing this technique.
3. Teachers at these programs may be male or female. Teachers demonstrate the massage procedures and then walk around assisting students in proper hand positions and movements. Students work in groups with one student receiving a therapy while other students provide the therapy. As teachers walk around and assist students in their learning process, teachers may have to touch the bodies of students who are receiving massages. If there is both a male and female teacher at your program, you may request that only the teacher of your choice provide assistance when you are the model on the table. If there are only teachers of one sex at the program, participants agree to allow those teachers to assist the students who are learning.
4. There is no massaging or intentional exposure of genitalia at these workshops.
5. At the panchakarma program (not part of the summer intensive series) instruction includes the administration of Basti. Basti is the application of medicated oil rectally with an enema tube. All students will learn to give and receive Basti. However, no one is required to participate in this procedure, and may opt out of any phase of this section if it makes them uncomfortable (Applies to Pancha Karma Workshop Only).
Sexual Harassment Policy
1. Any student who does not follow proper draping instructions at the program may be asked to leave the program and no refund shall be offered.
2. Any student accused of touching another student in an inappropriate manner may be asked to leave the program and no refund shall be offered.
3. Any student who makes inappropriate / offensive sexual comments at the workshop may be asked to leave the program and no refund shall be offered