This class is limited to 16 students for an exceptional training
Marma points are 107 energetic body points that allow access to the body, mind, and consciousness.
During this eight-day, 56-hour, hands-on program, students will learn the history, classifications, theory and locations, and the effect of each point on the doshas and organs of the body.
Following this, you will learn how to interact with each marma point using massage, essential oil application, and pranic healing (Ayurvedic energy work) to restore balance to the body and mind.
Specific protocols will be taught for bringing healing to different organ systems. Students will work in groups of two throughout the program.
History, classification, and theory
Marma point locations on the body
Functions of each Marma point
Essential oil application
Pranic Healing (Ayurvedic energy work)
Specific protocols for healing organ and system imbalances
Elle Walker Buckton is a practitioner, teacher, and lifelong student of Ayurveda and Yogic Philosophy. Elle teaches Marma Therapy and Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Workshops at the California College of Ayurveda in Nevada City, CA. She is a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist, Pancha Karma Specialist, Marma Therapist, Ayurvedic Yoga Practitioner and Yoga Instructor. Elle truly believes in that an Ayurvedic and Yogic lifestyle is the foundation of a blissful existence that brings a sense of calm and wellbeing to body, mind and spirit. It is her dharma to share this ancient knowledge with her community with love and compassion.
Dr. Rebecca Mundahl is an M.D., Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist, and Chef. Her lifelong passion is to understand the root of all dis-ease and how to create pathways towards healing. The belief behind all her work is that our health is measured by our connections and facilitating and building secure relationships to self, family, community, environment, world, and greater purpose are at the foundation of all her work.
Dr. Marc Halpern is the founder and President of the California College of Ayurveda. An internationally-respected expert in the field of Ayurveda, Dr. Halpern received the award for Best Ayurvedic Physician from the Indian Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Ramdas. He is a co-founder of the National Ayurvedic Medical Association and the California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine. Dr. Halpern created the #1 Best Selling Recording: Yoga Nidra and Self-Healing. He is also the author of Healing Your Life: Lessons on the Path of Ayurveda. Dr. Halpern is also a Sivananda trained Yoga Teacher.
Program Dates & Times
Spring: Thursday, May 30th – Thursday, June 6th 2024 Fall: Monday, November 18th – Monday, November 25th 2024
Classes begin at 8:30 am and end at 5:30 pm each day.
The California College Of Ayurveda
I was very excited and surprised at how much we focused on energy and pranic healing. This knowledge is necessary and will never be forgotten. The experience was so gratifying and there is nothing else I would rather have been doing.
This is the part of the program that really made me want to change my life.
Clear, Concise, Balanced
It was really great to learn more about Ayurveda from Dr. Halpern. I appreciate how he is so organized and gave unconditionally from his heart. He is very clear, concise and balanced.
I loved it. The material was so magic.
It was perfect!
As a full-time bodyworker, I will use this information every day.
“The information was well put together, easy to follow and the result was such a positive one. Dr. Halpern is truly what made this course for me. His presence and ability to communicate to all of us is one that is rarely found.”
- Totiana Lamberti
Dr. Halpern brings out information that cannot be drawn from a book.
Dr. Halpern is a wonderful guide and has great clarity in teaching.
Course Times: Classes begin at 8:30am and end at 5:30pm each day. There is a flexible 2-hour break for lunch each day. While lunch is usually from 12:00pm – 2:00pm, times may vary according to the flow of the workshop.
Travel: Students flying out following the last day of class should consider that the Sacramento International Airport is 90 minutes by car from the campus and that it is recommended to arrive at least 90 minutes before your flight. Students may not leave early from class to catch a flight.
Students receive 56 credit hours of study through the college for completion of this course.
$1495 - includes a $250 non-refundable deposit required for registration.
Enroll in any two or more Workshops at the same time and receive a 15% discount on your chosen workshops. Any transferring and cancellation of registration voids discount. The discount will not include new programs added after registration has been completed.
Still Have Question? Book an Appointment with an Admissions Advisor
The deposit for workshops & short courses is non-refundable. The Final Balance is due 14 days before the class start date. A student may choose to transfer his/her registration to another class for a fee of $150.00 if done prior to the final balance due date. The ONLY exception to this rule is a documented medical condition. On rare occasions, for reasons beyond CCA’s control, a short course can be cancelled. If you are registered for a short course that the College cancels, you will receive a full refund of any fees paid. While all efforts will be made to avoid cancellations, the College will accept no liability for student losses that occur beyond deposit or tuition actually paid to the College (e.g., non-refundable airfare, time lost from work, equipment expenses).
All students should read the following information about nudity and proper conduct carefully.
1. At some of our body therapy intensives (ayurvedic body therapy, marma and dough basti) students may be exposed to some nudity. Instruction will be given to participants about proper draping techniques in an attempt to provide a professional and modest environment. Learning takes place in a large room with multiple massage tables and work stations. Students, who wish to, are supported to bring screens to surround their massage table and work station. This is not a requirement.
2. During the ayurvedic body therapy course, we will be demonstrating and teaching the traditional full body ayurvedic massage. The technique that we will demonstrate and teach includes massage of the chest and breast tissue. This is a professional therapeutic massage. Students are NOT required to participate in receiving or practicing this technique.
3. Teachers at these programs may be male or female. Teachers demonstrate the massage procedures and then walk around assisting students in proper hand positions and movements. Students work in groups with one student receiving a therapy while other students provide the therapy. As teachers walk around and assist students in their learning process, teachers may have to touch the bodies of students who are receiving massages. If there is both a male and female teacher at your program, you may request that only the teacher of your choice provide assistance when you are the model on the table. If there are only teachers of one sex at the program, participants agree to allow those teachers to assist the students who are learning.
4. There is no massaging or intentional exposure of genitalia at these workshops.
5. At the panchakarma program (not part of the summer intensive series) instruction includes the administration of Basti. Basti is the application of medicated oil rectally with an enema tube. All students will learn to give and receive Basti. However, no one is required to participate in this procedure, and may opt out of any phase of this section if it makes them uncomfortable (Applies to Pancha Karma Workshop Only).
Sexual Harassment Policy
1. Any student who does not follow proper draping instructions at the program may be asked to leave the program and no refund shall be offered.
2. Any student accused of touching another student in an inappropriate manner may be asked to leave the program and no refund shall be offered.
3. Any student who makes inappropriate / offensive sexual comments at the workshop may be asked to leave the program and no refund shall be offered