Your Exploration of a Career in Ayurvedic Medicine Starts Here
This high-level introductory program is the foundation of the practice of ayurvedic medicine. It provides students with the theoretical tools necessary to help patients prevent disease.
During this program, students will receive both theory and practical knowledge; learning the principles of Ayurveda while applying them to their own life. Living Ayurveda is the best way to learn Ayurveda.
In addition, students may also choose to learn complementary modalities including ayurvedic massage and body therapies, yoga nidra, and ayurvedic yoga therapy to incorporate into their practice.
Students who complete this program may continue on to the Ayurvedic Health Counselor Part 2 Internship in order to complete their Ayurvedic Health Counselor studies or enter directly into the Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist academic program.
This program combines well with our Ayurvedic Massage courses, Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Program and our Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Training Course, providing a deeper foundation from which to practice.
Classes and Curriculum
This program is both theoretical and practical. Students will also work on extensive case studies to reinforce the learning process.
- Module 1: Introduction to Ayurvedic Lifestyle
- Module 2: Philosophy
- Module 3: Ayurvedic Anatomy and Physiology 1
- Module 4: Ayurvedic Anatomy and Physiology 2
- Module 5: Ayurvedic Pathology
- Module 6: Diagnostics 1 – Introduction to Pulse, Tongue, and Body Diagnosis
- Module 7: Ayurvedic Psychology 1
- Module 8: Ayurvedic Psychology 2
- Module 9: Ayurvedic Nutrition
- Module 10: Introduction to Ayurvedic Herbalism
- Module 11: Sensory Therapy – Aromatherapy, Color Therapy, Sound Therapy, and Daily Routines
Students completing the AHC Part 1 Program have up to one year to move forward in their training if they wish to continue their education. After two years, students will need to reapply to become active and take a placement examination in order to test their recall of basic AHC Part 1 program concepts.
October 13, 2020 - May 6, 2021
A High School Diploma
This program is offered at our Nevada City, California campus and is also broadcast live over the internet in an interactive format, allowing you to attend from anywhere in the world. This program may also be completed through distance learning.
For current tuition, please see our catalog.