This class is limited to 12 students for an exceptional training
Marma points are 107 energetic body points that allow access to the body, mind, and consciousness.
During this eight-day, 56-hour, hands-on program, students will learn the history, classifications, theory and locations, and the effect of each point on the doshas and organs of the body.
Following this, you will learn how to interact with each marma point using massage, essential oil application, and pranic healing (Ayurvedic energy work) to restore balance to the body and mind.
Specific protocols will be taught for bringing healing to different organ systems. Students will work in groups of two throughout the program.
Due to the recent pandemic, we have redesigned our course for both maximum safety and the highest quality of training. This class is limited to 12 students. This is a rare opportunity for personalized mentorship.
As we have two large practice rooms, three tables will be positioned in one room and four in the other with plenty of space in between. Students will work in groups of two at each table. In addition to the workshop materials, please bring personal protection equipment (PPE) in the forms of a face mask and hand sanitizer. Extra PPE will be available if needed.
Please note that throughout the rest of the year, CCA plans to implement strong personal safety measures including:
CCA staff will wear a face mask of some kind in all public interactions and on-campus in common areas. We encourage all students to wear them as well.
Wiping down commonly touched surfaces with disinfectant 2X daily.
Encouraging all staff, students, and patients to wash hands regularly.
Encouraging all staff, students, and patients to utilize hand-sanitizer.
Utilizing the highest level of mindfulness in sanitizing workshop equipment after every use.
History, classification, and theory
Marma point locations on the body
Functions of each marma point
Essential oil application
Pranic Healing (Ayurvedic energy work)
Specific protocols for healing organ and system imbalances
Dr. Marc Halpern
is the founder and President of the California College of Ayurveda. An internationally-respected expert in the field of Ayurveda, Dr. Halpern received the award for Best Ayurvedic Physician from the Indian Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Ramdas. He is a co-founder of the National Ayurvedic Medical Association and the California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine. Dr. Halpern created the #1 Best Selling Recording: Yoga Nidra and Self-Healing. He is also the author of Healing Your Life: Lessons on the Path of Ayurveda. Dr. Halpern is also a Sivananda trained Yoga Teacher.
This Ayurvedic Marma Therapy & Pranic Healing Course is scheduled for July 18, 2021 - July 25, 2021.
Classes begin at 8:30 am and end at 5:30 pm each day.
I was very excited and surprised at how much we focused on energy and pranic healing. This knowledge is necessary and will never be forgotten. The experience was so gratifying and there is nothing else I would rather have been doing.
Dr. Halpern brings out information that cannot be drawn from a book.
Dr. Halpern is a wonderful guide and has great clarity in teaching.
As a full-time bodyworker, I will use this information every day.
The information was well put together, easy to follow and the result was such a positive one. Dr. Halpern is truly what made this course for me. His presence and ability to communicate to all of us is one that is rarely found.
This is the part of the program that really made me want to change my life.
Clear, Concise, Balanced
It was really great to learn more about Ayurveda from Dr. Halpern. I appreciate how he is so organized and gave unconditionally from his heart. He is very clear, concise and balanced.
I loved it. The material was so magic.
Marc is the best teacher I have ever worked with.
Completion of the Ayurvedic Foundations Courseor the first module in AHC1. The Foundations course can be completed via home study and takes approximately one month to complete.
All required materials for this course are included and will be distributed on the first day of class. This includes the course manual /slides. Students who wish to read ahead and gain some background information may be interested in reading Ayurveda and Marma Therapy by Dr. Avinash Lele, Dr. Subhash Ranade, and David Frawley (not required).
Course Times: Classes begin at 9:00 and end at 6:00 each day. There is a flexible 2-hour break for lunch each day. While lunch is usually from 12:00 – 2:00, times may vary according to the flow of the workshop.
Travel: Students flying out following the last day of class should consider that the Sacramento International Airport is 90 minutes by car from the campus and that it is recommended to arrive at least 90 minutes before your flight. Students may not leave early from class to catch a flight.
Students receive 56 credit hours of study through the college for completion of this course.
* A $500.00 non-refundable deposit is required for registration. Required books or materials, if noted above, are extra.
Enroll in two Massage and/or Body Therapy courses at the same time and receive a 10% discount on both courses. Enroll in three Massage and Body Therapy courses at the same time and receive a 20% discount on each course. Enroll in 4 or more courses and receive a 25% discount on each course. Enrollment is complete when registration forms are returned signed and a deposit payment for all courses is made. This offer excludes Foundations and Panchakarma Specialist Certification courses (Foundations special with a Body Therapy Course still applies). Discount will not include new programs added after registration has been completed.
California College of Ayurveda (CCA) is a state-approved school registered with the State of California. Registration means we have met certain minimum standards imposed by the state for registered schools on the basis of our written application to the state. This agreement is legally binding when sent to the College over the internet and payment of the deposit is made. These actions indicate that you have been given reasonable time to read and understand this agreement and the Refund Policy listed below, that you agree to your rights and responsibilities, and that you have seen a brochure or announcement describing the seminar or course that you plan to attend and information about the College.
Any questions or problems concerning CCA which have not been satisfactorily answered or resolved by the school should be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, Department of Consumer Affairs, 2535 Capitol Oaks Avenue, SUITE 400, Sacramento, CA 95833, (888) 370-7589 email@example.com. This institution is not required to participate in the State of California Student Tuition Recovery Fund for this seminar program.
The deposit for workshops & short courses is non-refundable. The Final Balance is due 14 days before the class start date. A student may choose to transfer his/her registration to another class for a fee of $150.00 if done prior to the final balance due date. The ONLY exception to this rule is a documented medical condition. Rarely, for reasons beyond CCA’s control, a short course must be cancelled. If you are registered for a short course that the College cancels, you will receive a full refund of any fees paid. While all efforts will be made to avoid cancellations, the College will accept no liability for student losses that occur beyond deposit or tuition actually paid to the College (e.g., non-refundable airfare, time lost from work, equipment expenses).
All students should read the following information about nudity and proper conduct carefully.
1. At some of our body therapy intensives (ayurvedic body therapy, marma and dough basti) students may be exposed to some nudity. Instruction will be given to participants about proper draping techniques in an attempt to provide a professional and modest environment. Learning takes place in a large room with multiple massage tables and work stations. Students, who wish to, are supported to bring screens to surround their massage table and work station. This is not a requirement.
2. During the ayurvedic body therapy course, we will be demonstrating and teaching the traditional full body ayurvedic massage. The technique that we will demonstrate and teach includes massage of the chest and breast tissue. This is a professional therapeutic massage. Students are NOT required to participate in receiving or practicing this technique.
3. Teachers at these programs may be male or female. Teachers demonstrate the massage procedures and then walk around assisting students in proper hand positions and movements. Students work in groups with one student receiving a therapy while other students provide the therapy. As teachers walk around and assist students in their learning process, teachers may have to touch the bodies of students who are receiving massages. If there is both a male and female teacher at your program, you may request that only the teacher of your choice provide assistance when you are the model on the table. If there are only teachers of one sex at the program, participants agree to allow those teachers to assist the students who are learning.
4. There is no massaging or intentional exposure of genitalia at these workshops.
5. At the panchakarma program (not part of the summer intensive series) instruction includes the administration of Basti. Basti is the application of medicated oil rectally with an enema tube. All students will learn to give and receive Basti. However, no one is required to participate in this procedure, and may opt out of any phase of this section if it makes them uncomfortable (Applies to Pancha Karma Workshop Only).
Sexual Harassment Policy
1. Any student who does not follow proper draping instructions at the program may be asked to leave the program and no refund shall be offered.
2. Any student accused of touching another student in an inappropriate manner may be asked to leave the program and no refund shall be offered.
3. Any student who makes inappropriate / offensive sexual comments at the workshop may be asked to leave the program and no refund shall be offered